We always love our classics.
They are timeless pieces that generations before and after us will always read and love. They will always be collected and placed on our shelves in houses for years to come. So, in honor of our classics, here are a few really great special collectible versions of them:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Illustrated by Anna and Elena Balbusso
This is a beautifully collectible version of a Jane Austen classic. It is bound in metallic cloth with a blocked design cover. Its a classic that’s really great to have in a classic-lovers bookshelf.
- Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Barrie, Illustrated by Debra McFarlane
A classic that everyone needs on their shelf. The book includes 12 color plates and 23 black-and-white ink drawings, including a map of Neverland. The cover includes pale blue endpapers printed with a design by the artist and a silver-and-pink blocked royal blue binding.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding, Illustrated by Sam Weber
This classic is bound in cloth and printed and blocked with a minimalistic cover design. It includes 5 color illustrations that are spread throughout. The symbolistic cover is essential to readers who know and love the classic.
- 1984 by George Orwell, Illustrated by Jonathan Burton
Another classic bound in cloth and printed with a design, this classic includes a Stencil display cover and nine color illustrations.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Illustrated by Finn Dean
This classic is a unique even in its binding of cambric grain paper. It has a printed cover design and 7 color illustrations. This is a nice classic design that has a real futuristic feel to it.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell, Illustrated by Quentin Blake
This cloth bound classic includes 27 illustrations. Its design has a real humorous design and is a great collectible for future generations.
- Dune by Frank Herbert, Illustrated by Sam Weber
Dune is set with block designs and designed with metallic. It includes 11 color illustrations including 3 double-page spreads, plus a number of black & white chapter head illustrations. Printed map endpapers are also included by Martin Sanders. It also includes a metallic printed slipcase.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote, Illustrated by Karen Klassen
Breakfast at Tiffany’s is bound in buckram with a vintage cover design. It has 6 colour illustrations.
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, Illustrated by Eric Fraser
This book is bound in paper and blocked in gold with a design. It has a very simple cover design that is only recognizable if you know the storyline of the book. Its bright red and gold gives it a very collectible feel.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare- Limited Edition
This classic is hand-bound in goatskin leather and blocked in gold, with hand-marbled paper sides. It’s much more expensive than the others and is a limited edition classic.
- Harry Potter illustrated editions by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated by Jim Kay
This last one has not come out yet, but definitely deserves to be on this list for its future publication. All seven Harry Potter books will be published in full-color editions. The books will be illustrated by award-winning artist Jim Kay. The first in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, will publish in October 2015.