Every week at BiblioCrunch.com we host a weekly Twitter chat called #indiechat. Since we started hosting this chat one of our top questions has been, how do I join a Twitter chat?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can join and participate in Twitter chats. We’ll use #indiechat as an example.
- Log on to Twitter using you account. You can search the hashtag “#indiechat” directly on Twitter or you can use http://twubs.com/indiechat.
- #Indiechat has a new topic every week (and usually a new guest). Say hello and watch for tweets from @BiblioCrunch for information on the weeks topic and guest.
- After the guest has been announced ask questions or share your experiences that are relevant to the week’s topics.
- Be courteous, do NOT promote your book unless it is relevant to the topic (ex. Topic is sharing latest book projects), and always remember to include the hashtag #indiechat
- Side note: Joining Twubs will automatically add the hashtag so you do not have to remember it for each tweet.
About Kate Tilton:
Kate Tilton has been in love with books for as long as she can remember. Kate believes books saved her life and strives to repay authors for bringing books into the world by serving as a dependable author assistant. A cat-lover and fan of many geeky things, you are likely to find Kate curled up with the latest Doctor Who episode, plotting world take-over, or assisting authors and readers in any way she can. Kate is also a self-proclaimed Twitter addict, you will find her hosting #K8chat, her own creation, every Thursday night on Twitter from 9-10pm Eastern. You can connect with her on her website, Twitter, or BiblioCrunch.