According to the Audio Publishers Association, audiobook sales in Canada and US increased 21% in 2015 over 2014.
That’s great news for self-published authors who can leverage their books across many formats. Here are the top selling audiobooks of 2016 and their genres to give you an idea of who and what is selling.
- The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins, Mystery
- The Witness – Nora Roberts, Mystery
- Truly Madly Guilty – Liane Moriarty, General Fiction
- The Purpose Driven Life – Rick Warren, Religion and Spirituality
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho, General Fiction
If you are a self-published author and haven’t published in audio format, you should definitely consider it. A great way to produce an audiobook is via ACX. ACX is the backend of Audible.com, owned by Amazon. That’s for sure the place to sell audiobooks. And with ACX, you don’t have to produce your own audio content. You can audition and hire the narrator/producer that reads your book to suit.