The next in our favorite summer reads is summer romance books.
In honor of RWA this week, and in honor of the summer of course, our favorite summer read genre this week is romance. There isn’t any great summer book without some romance. So here are our favorite picks:
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han– This is a great summer love, enduring friendship story. It is a coming of age book full of romance where the main character becomes aware of her sexuality and begins to notice boys. Her two friends, Jeremiah and Conrad become more important to her in this summer than ever before. It’s a great summer romance read.
- Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton– This is about a character who is sick of the usual tourist-like summer. She is on another one of her usual summers on Dune Island, when she meets a man named Will visiting from New York. Everything changes as the summer begins to be filled with love and excitement. This book has it all from long walks on the beach, to sweet kisses and head over heels love. Definitely a summer romance must.
- Dog Days of Summer by PJ Fiala– This is an erotic biker romance about a motorcycle shop owner who falls for one of his employees mothers after asking her to help with his annual charity event. The mother, a local graphic designer, is questionable at first after having been hurt many times before, but eventually their love affair unfolds. This one is a more adult read than the others mentioned above, but still a great summer romance novel.
- The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti– A great summer road trip, romance book. This one is unique in its take to romance, however. The story is more of a book about the lessons of loving and finding oneself, rather than a straight focus on the romance. The book is full of break ups, new romances, and lots of fabulous kisses as one girl named Quinn travels to find the attributes in men that her mother made on a list for her. This book is also known for its hilariously funny scenes.
- Summer by the Sea by Jenny Hale– This book is about a rekindling of two sisters after a romance gone wrong. For Faith, all she thinks about when she thinks of her sister is how her sister Casey stole the love of her life one summer. As they haven’t talked in years, at the request of their beloved grandmother, they are reunited and try to reconcile. An unexpected turn comes when Faith also happens to meet a man who ignites long forgotten feelings of summer love. This is a great ‘summer to remember’ feeling book.
Don’t forget last week’s Contemporary Favorite Summer Reads post.